NIH Intramural Research Program
Neil Hanchard searches for genetic secrets in the birthplace of humanity.
Welcome to the IRP
The Intramural Research Program (IRP) is the internal research program of the National Institutes of Health (NIH), known for its synergistic approach to biomedical science. We invite you to explore the possibilities.
Research in Action
Learn about our researchers, their goals, achievements, inspirational moments, and most of all, why they are passionate about the research they do here.
- SciBitesPiecing Together a Chemical Puzzle
- PodcastOn the Pulse of Compulsive Behaviors
- BlogFighting the Fungus Among Us
- BlogExperimental Treatment Helps Neurons Heal
- BlogDialing Down the Brain’s Pain Thermostat
- BlogIRP Scientists Elected to Esteemed Institution
- SciBitesCultivating Clues to Combat Cleft Palates
- BlogScouting Out Summer Poster Day
- BlogResearch Reveals Trigger for Brain’s Repairmen
In the News
Calendar of Events