Faculty-Level Scientific Careers
Each year we recruit for more than 30 tenured and tenure-track positions. Our scientists lead independent research laboratories within our Institutes and Centers in Bethesda, Maryland, and on campuses throughout the country. Within our academic environment, your job would be to conduct research and to play a major role in training and mentoring the next generation of biomedical scientists, with resources provided by the IRP subject to review by external boards of scientific counselors.
The following is a list of current opportunities for faculty-level positions. Note that some positions might be under review but still accepting applications.
- Assistant Clinical Investigators, NICHD (review began January 15)
- Senior Investigator (developmental therapeutics), NCI-CCR (review began January 18)
- Assistant Clinical Investigator in Neurogenetics, NINDS (review began January 31)
- Tenure-Track Investigators, (computational statistics and data science), NICHD (review began February 1)
- Senior Scientist (marmoset genetics and reproductive biology), NINDS (review began February 26)
- Senior Clinician/Fellowship Director, Laboratory of Clinical Immunology and Microbiology, NIAID (deadline March 5)
- Senior Clinician/Fellowship Director, Laboratory of Allergic Diseases, NIAID (deadline March 5)
- Animal Program Director, Chief of the Comparative Medicine Branch, NIEHS (deadline March 26)
- Tenure-Track or Tenure-Eligible Investigator (clincial data science), NLM (review begins April 9)
Branch/Lab Chief Positions
- Deputy Chief and Senior Investigator, Stroke Branch, NINDS (review began January 1)
- Chief, Neurotology Branch, NIDCD (review begins April 1)
- Scientific Director, NICHD (review began June 6)
- Scientific Director, NIDCD (review began July 22)
- Clinical Director, Chief Medical Officer, CC (review begins April 19)
Learn more about the IRP.