Faculty-Level Scientific Careers
Each year we recruit for more than 30 tenured and tenure-track positions. Our scientists lead independent research laboratories within our Institutes and Centers in Bethesda, Maryland, and on campuses throughout the country. Within our academic environment, your job would be to conduct research and to play a major role in training and mentoring the next generation of biomedical scientists, with resources provided by the IRP subject to review by external boards of scientific counselors.
The following is a list of current opportunities for faculty-level positions. Note that some positions might be under review but still accepting applications.
- Senior Clinician (neuro-oncology), NCI-CCR (review began December 15)
- Senior Investigator, VRC-NIAID (review began December 23)
- Tenure-Track/Tenure-Eligible Investigator (cancer health disparity), NCI (review began January 3)
- Tenure-Track/Tenure-Eligible Investigator (biostatistics, computational), NIEHS (review begins January 31)
- Tenure-Track Investigator, NIDCD (review begins February 1)
- Tenure-Track Investigators, NIA (review begins March 11)
- Senior Clinician in Neurosurgery, NINDS (review begins April 1)
Branch/Lab Chief Positions
- Senior Clinician, Chief of Otolaryngology-Head Neck Surgery Service, NIDCD (review begins January 18)
- Scientific Director, NICHD (review began August 2)
- Scientific Director, NINR (review began August 3)
- Scientific Director, NLM (review began September 15)
- Scientific Director, NINDS (review began December 13)
- Scientific Director, NEI (review began January 10)
- Scientific Director, NHLBI (review begins March 12)
Learn more about the IRP.