Faculty-Level Scientific Careers
Each year we recruit for more than 30 tenured and tenure-track positions. Our scientists lead independent research laboratories within our Institutes and Centers in Bethesda, Maryland, and on campuses throughout the country. Within our academic environment, your job would be to conduct research and to play a major role in training and mentoring the next generation of biomedical scientists, with resources provided by the IRP subject to review by external boards of scientific counselors.
The following is a list of current opportunities for faculty-level positions. Note that some positions might be under review but still accepting applications.
- Tenure-Track or Tenure-Eligible Investigator (clincial data science), NLM (review began April 9)
Branch/Lab Chief Positions
- Chief, Neurotology Branch, NIDCD (review began April 1)
- Chief, Laboratory of Cancer Biology and Genetics, NCI-CCR (review begins July 1)
- Scientific Director, NICHD (review began June 6, 2020)
- Scientific Director, NIDCD (review began July 22, 2020)
- Clinical Director, Chief Medical Officer, CC (review began April 19)
- Clinical Director, NINR (review begins May 12)
- Scientific Director, NHGRI (review begins May 15)
Learn more about the IRP.