Faculty-Level Scientific Careers
Each year we recruit for more than 30 tenured and tenure-track positions. Our scientists lead independent research laboratories within our Institutes and Centers in Bethesda, Maryland, and on campuses throughout the country. Within our academic environment, your job would be to conduct research and to play a major role in training and mentoring the next generation of biomedical scientists, with resources provided by the IRP subject to review by external boards of scientific counselors.
The following is a list of current opportunities for faculty-level positions. Note that some positions might be under review but still accepting applications.
- Tenure-Track Investigator (neuroscience, metabolic), NIDDK (review began October 1)
- Senior Investigator (RNA biology), NCI-CCR (review began October 22)
- Tenure-Track/Tenure-Eligible Investigator (epidemiology), NCI-DCEG (review began November 1)
- Tenure-Track/Tenure-Eligible Investigator (computational), NLM (review began November 14)
- Tenure-Track Investigator (rehabilitation medicine), CC (review began November 16)
- Assistant Clinical Investigator (pediatric metabolic diseases), NIDDK (deadline November 25)
- Assistant Clinical Investigator, NIAID (deadline November 30)
- Tenure-Track Investigator (developmental or cell biology), NICHD (review begins December 1)
- Tenture-Track Investigator (translational/clinical), NICHD (review begins December 15)
- Assistant Clinical Investigators, NICHD (review begins January 15)
- Senior Investigator (developmental therapeutics), NCI-CCR (review begins January 18)
Branch/Lab Chief Positions
- Chief, Laboratory of Cancer Immunometabolism, NCI-CCR (review began September 22)
- Deputy Chief and Senior Investigator, Stroke Branch, NINDS (review begins January 1)
Learn more about the IRP.