Faculty-Level Scientific Careers
Each year we recruit for more than 30 tenured and tenure-track positions. Our scientists lead independent research laboratories within our Institutes and Centers in Bethesda, Maryland, and on campuses throughout the country. Within our academic environment, your job would be to conduct research and to play a major role in training and mentoring the next generation of biomedical scientists, with resources provided by the IRP subject to review by external boards of scientific counselors.
The following is a list of current opportunities for faculty-level positions. Note that some positions might be under review but still accepting applications.
- Research Scientist (sensorimotor), NEI (review began March 6)
- Chief Nurse Officer, Clinical Center (closes April 30)
- Staff Clinician (mycology), NIAID (closes July 24)
- Lasker Clinical Research Scholars Program, NIH-wide (closes August 25)
- Assistant Clinical Investigator, NINR (open until filled)
Branch Chief Positions
- no positions open
- Scientific Director, NINDS (review began March 27)
Learn more about the IRP.