Faculty-Level Scientific Careers
Each year we recruit for more than 30 tenured and tenure-track positions. Our scientists lead independent research laboratories within our Institutes and Centers in Bethesda, Maryland, and on campuses throughout the country. Within our academic environment, your job would be to conduct research and to play a major role in training and mentoring the next generation of biomedical scientists, with resources provided by the IRP subject to review by external boards of scientific counselors.
The following is a list of current opportunities for faculty-level positions. Note that some positions might be under review but still accepting applications.
- Tenure-Track/Tenure-Eligible Investigator (HIV AIDS), NCI-CCR (review began October 15)
- Tenure-Track/Tenure-Eligible Investigators (RNA biology), NCI-CCR (review began November 1)
- Tenure-Track Position (biochemistry and molecular biology), NCI-CCR (review began November 1)
- Senior Clinicians, NCI-CCR (review began November 1)
- Tenure-Track Investigator (natural language processing), NLM (review began November 20)
- Assistant Clinical Investigators, NIAID (closes November 30)
- Tenure-Track Investigator (endocrine neoplasms), NCI-CCR (review begins December 1)
- Tenure-Track Investigator (transcription, epigenetics, or chromatin), NIEHS (closes December 27)
- Senior Clinician, NICHD (closes January 5)
Branch Chief Positions
- Chief, Biostatistics and Computational Biology Branch, NIEHS (review began November 12)
- Director, ORS Division of Veterinary Resources (closes November 20)
- no currrent openings
Learn more about the IRP.