Faculty-Level Scientific Careers
Each year we recruit for more than 30 tenured and tenure-track positions. Our scientists lead independent research laboratories within our Institutes and Centers in Bethesda, Maryland, and on campuses throughout the country. Within our academic environment, your job would be to conduct research and to play a major role in training and mentoring the next generation of biomedical scientists, with resources provided by the IRP subject to review by external boards of scientific counselors.
The following is a list of current opportunities for faculty-level positions. Note that some positions might be under review but still accepting applications.
- Tenure-Track Clinical Investigator (mental health), NIMH (review began early May)
- Otolaryngologist Surgeon Scientist, NIDCD (review begins June 30)
- Staff Clinician (allergic diseases), NIAID (review begins July 25)
- Lasker Clinical Research Scholars, trans-NIH (deadline August 30)
Branch Chief Positions
- Senior Clinician (Chief, Microbiology Service), Dept. of Laboratory Medicine, CC (deadline July 5)
- Senior Scientist, (Chief, Microbiology Service), Dept. of Laboratory Medicine, CC (deadline July 5)
- currently no openings
Learn more about the IRP.