Faculty-Level Scientific Careers
Each year we recruit for more than 30 tenured and tenure-track positions. Our scientists lead independent research laboratories within our Institutes and Centers in Bethesda, Maryland, and on campuses throughout the country. Within our academic environment, your job would be to conduct research and to play a major role in training and mentoring the next generation of biomedical scientists, with resources provided by the IRP subject to review by external boards of scientific counselors.
The following is a list of current opportunities for faculty-level positions. Note that some positions might be under review but still accepting applications.
- Tenure-Track Investigator (neuroplasticity), NINDS (review began March 15)
- Tenure-Track Investigators (neurosurgeons, neuro-oncologists), NINDS (review began April 1)
- Biology Group Leader (trans-NIH RNAi Facility), NCATS (deadline April 24)
- Tenure-Track/Tenure-Eligible Investigator (arthropod-borne pathogens), NIAID (review begins April 25)
- Tenure-Track Clinical Investigator (mental health), NIMH (review begins early May)
- Tenure-Track Investigator (fibrotic disorders), NIAAA (deadline June 1)
- Senior Scientist / Pathology Laboratories Head, NIEHS (deadline June 6)
- Senior Scientist / NTP Pathology Group Head, NIEHS (deadline June 6)
Branch Chief Positions
- Chief of Structural Biology, NCI-CCR (review began March 18)
- Senior Investigator, Stroke Branch, NINDS (deadline April 30)
- Scientific Director, NLM (deadline May 18, extended from March 18)
Learn more about the IRP.