Faculty-Level Scientific Careers
Each year we recruit for more than 30 tenured and tenure-track positions. Our scientists lead independent research laboratories within our Institutes and Centers in Bethesda, Maryland, and on campuses throughout the country. Within our academic environment, your job would be to conduct research and to play a major role in training and mentoring the next generation of biomedical scientists, with resources provided by the IRP subject to review by external boards of scientific counselors.
The following is a list of current opportunities for faculty-level positions. Note that some positions might be under review but still accepting applications.
- Tenure-Track Investigator (thoracic and GI oncology), NCI-CCR (review began December 1)
- Clinical Tenure-Track / Tenure-Eligible Investigator, NHLBI (deadline December 9)
- Senior Clinician (hemotology consult), NHLBI (review begins December 10)
- Multiple Tenure-Track Positions (basic and clinical), NHGRI (review begins December 21)
- Tenure-Track Investigator (clinical neuroscience), NIMH (review begins December 29)
- Tenure-Track/Tenure-Eligible Investigator (viral), NIAID (review begins January 1)
- Tenure-Track Investigator (epidemiology), NIA (review begins January 2)
- Senior Scientist, NIMH (deadline January 6)
Branch Chief Positions
- Chief, Laboratory of Epidemiology and Population Sciences, NIA (review began October 15)
- Chief, Biostatistics and Bioinformatics Branch, NICHD (review began November 1)
- no openings at this level
Learn more about the IRP.