Faculty-Level Scientific Careers
Each year we recruit for more than 30 tenured and tenure-track positions. Our scientists lead independent research laboratories within our Institutes and Centers in Bethesda, Maryland, and on campuses throughout the country. Within our academic environment, your job would be to conduct research and to play a major role in training and mentoring the next generation of biomedical scientists, with resources provided by the IRP subject to review by external boards of scientific counselors.
The following is a list of current opportunities for faculty-level positions. Note that some positions might be under review but still accepting applications.
- Physician, Tenure-Track Investigator, NCI-CCR (review began August 23)
- Physician-Scientist Early Investigator Program, NCI-CCR (review began September 30)
- Tenure-Track Investigator (bioethics), CC (review began September 30)
- Tenure-Track/Tenure-Eligible Investigator, NIAID (review began October 1)
- Tenure-Track Investigator (life sciences), NIDDK (review began October 15)
- Tenture-Track Investigator (dementia/CARD), NIA (review begins October 25)
- Tenure-Track/Tenure-Eligible Investigator (viral pathogens), NIAID (review begins October 30)
- Senior Clinician (neuro-oncology), NCI-CCR (review begins December 15)
Branch/Lab Chief Positions
- Chief, Laboratory of Persistent Viral Diseases, NIAID (review began October 7)
- Chief, Mechanistic Toxicology Branch, NIEHS (deadline November 6)
- Chief, Laboratory of Neurogenetics, NIA (review begins October 19)
- Senior Investigator and Chief, Laboratory of Sensorimotor Research, NEI (review begins November 8)
- Scientific Director, NICHD (review began August 2)
- Scientific Director, NINR (review began August 3)
- Scientific Director, NLM (review began September 15)
- Scientific Director, NINDS (review begins December 13)
Learn more about the IRP.