Faculty-Level Scientific Careers
Each year we recruit for more than 30 tenured and tenure-track positions. Our scientists lead independent research laboratories within our Institutes and Centers in Bethesda, Maryland, and on campuses throughout the country. Within our academic environment, your job would be to conduct research and to play a major role in training and mentoring the next generation of biomedical scientists, with resources provided by the IRP subject to review by external boards of scientific counselors.
The following is a list of current opportunities for faculty-level positions. Note that some positions might be under review but still accepting applications.
- Tenure-Track Investigator (neuroscience and immunology), NEI (review began May 27)
- Tenure-Track Investigtor (thoracic and GI oncology), NCI (review began June 1)
- Tenure-Track/Tenure-Eligible Investigator (virology), NIAID (review began June 17)
- Tenure-Track Investigator (neuro-oncology), NCI-CCR (review begins July 1)
- Assistant Clinical Investigator (metabolic, thyroid), NIDDK (deadline August 14)
- Assistant Clinical Investigators, NCI-CCR (deadline September 30)
- Tenure-Track “Earl Stadtman Investigators,” NIH-wide (deadline September 30)
- Tenure-Track/Tenure-Eligible Investigators (RNA Biology), NCI-CCR (review begins October 1)
Branch Chief Positions
- Chief, Department of Laboratory Medicine, CC (deadline July 10)
- no openings at this level
Learn more about the IRP.