Faculty-Level Scientific Careers
Each year we recruit for more than 30 tenured and tenure-track positions. Our scientists lead independent research laboratories within our Institutes and Centers in Bethesda, Maryland, and on campuses throughout the country. Within our academic environment, your job would be to conduct research and to play a major role in training and mentoring the next generation of biomedical scientists, with resources provided by the IRP subject to review by external boards of scientific counselors.
The following is a list of current opportunities for faculty-level positions. Note that some positions might be under review but still accepting applications.
- Tenure-Eligible Senior Investigators, NCI-DCEG (review began July 1)
- Senior Clinician / Fellowship Director, NCI-CCR (review begins August 9)
- Physician, Tenure-Track Investigator, NCI-CCR (review begins August 23)
- Tenure-Track Stadtman Investigators, NIH-wide (deadline September 30)
- Physician-Scientist Early Investigator Program, NCI-CCR (review begins September 30)
- Tenure-Track Investigator (life sciences), NIDDK (review begins October 15)
Branch/Lab Chief Positions
- Chief, Laboratory of Cancer Biology and Genetics, NCI-CCR (review began July 1)
- Chief, Neurotology Branch, NIDCD (review began July 6)
- Clinical Director, NINR (review began May 12)
- Scientific Director, NHGRI (review began May 15)
- Clinical Director, NIDDK (review begins July 26)
- Scientific Director, NICHD (review begins August 2)
- Scienfitic Director, NINR (review begins August 3)
- Scienfitic Director, NLM (review begins September 15)
Learn more about the IRP.