Faculty-Level Scientific Careers
Each year we recruit for more than 30 tenured and tenure-track positions. Our scientists lead independent research laboratories within our Institutes and Centers in Bethesda, Maryland, and on campuses throughout the country. Within our academic environment, your job would be to conduct research and to play a major role in training and mentoring the next generation of biomedical scientists, with resources provided by the IRP subject to review by external boards of scientific counselors.
The following is a list of current opportunities for faculty-level positions. Note that some positions might be under review but still accepting applications.
- Tenure-Track Investigator (sensorimotor), NEI (review began March 5)
- Tenure-Track Clinical Investigator, NIDA (review began April 15)
- Tenure-Track Investigator (neuroscience and immunology), NEI (review begins May 27)
- Tenure-Track Investigtor (thoracic and GI oncology), NCI (review begins June 1)
- Tenure-Track/Tenure-Eligible Investigator (virology), NIAID (review begins June 17)
Branch Chief Positions
- Chief, Immunology Service, Department of Laboratory Medicine, CC (deadline May 11)
- Scientific Director, NIDCR (review began March 5)
Learn more about the IRP.