Faculty-Level Scientific Careers
Each year we recruit for more than 30 tenured and tenure-track positions. Our scientists lead independent research laboratories within our Institutes and Centers in Bethesda, Maryland, and on campuses throughout the country. Within our academic environment, your job would be to conduct research and to play a major role in training and mentoring the next generation of biomedical scientists, with resources provided by the IRP subject to review by external boards of scientific counselors.
The following is a list of current opportunities for faculty-level positions. Note that some positions might be under review but still accepting applications.
- Tenure-Track Investigator (breast or gynecological malignancies), NCI CCR (review began May 25)
- Tenure-Track or Tenure-Eligible Investigator (Borrelia burgdorferi), NIAID (review began May 31)
- Tenure-Track or Tenure-Eligible Investigator (primate neurodev), NIMH/NINDS (review began June 1)
- Supervisory Physician, Vaccine Branch, NCI (deadline July 2)
- Assistant Clinical Investigator (endocrine oncology), NIDDK (deadline July 20)
- Senior Clinician (imaging, radiology), NCI-CCR (review begins July 20)
- Tenure-Track/Tenure-Eligible Investigator (human viral pathogens), NIAID (review begins August 20)
- Lasker Clinical Research Scholars Program, NIH-wide (deadline August 28)
- Tenure-Track 'Stadtman Investigators', NIH-wide (deadline September 30)
Branch Chief Positions
- Chief, Integrative Tumor Epidemiology Branch, NCI-DCEG (review began June 8)
- Director, Center for Alzheimer’s and Related Dementias (review began June 19)
- Director, Division of Intramural Population Health Research, NICHD (review began July 4)
- Scientific Director, NICHD (review began June 6)
- Scientific Director, NIDCD (review begins July 22)
- Scientific Director, NIDA (open until filled)
Learn more about the IRP.