Faculty-Level Scientific Careers
Each year we recruit for more than 30 tenured and tenure-track positions. Our scientists lead independent research laboratories within our Institutes and Centers in Bethesda, Maryland, and on campuses throughout the country. Within our academic environment, your job would be to conduct research and to play a major role in training and mentoring the next generation of biomedical scientists, with resources provided by the IRP subject to review by external boards of scientific counselors.
The following is a list of current opportunities for faculty-level positions. Note that some positions might be under review but still accepting applications.
- Otolaryngologist Surgeon Scientist, NIDCD (review began June 30)
- Tenure-Track/Tenure-Eligible Investigator (epidemiology), NIAID (review begins August 24)
- Lasker Clinical Research Scholars, trans-NIH (deadline August 30)
- Physician/Senior Investigator (clinical neuroscience), NIMH (review begins September 1)
- Tenure-Track/Tenure-Eligible Investigator (chemistry or chemical biology), NIDDK (review begins September 1)
- Senior Scientist, NCI DCEG (deadline September 5)
- Senior Scientist (respiratory syncytial virus), NIAID (review begins September 7)
- Tenure-Track Investigator (Clinical Research Branch), NIEHS (deadline September 30)
- Stadtman Tenure-Track Investigators, trans-NIH (deadline September 30)
- Tenure-Track Investigators (genomics), NHGRI (review begins October 1)
Branch Chief Positions
- Senior Investigator and Branch Chief (population science), NHLBI (review begins September 15)
- Senior Investigator and Laboratory Chief (microbiome), NIAID (review begins October 17)
- currently no openings
Learn more about the IRP.