Faculty-Level Scientific Careers
Each year we recruit for more than 30 tenured and tenure-track positions. Our scientists lead independent research laboratories within our Institutes and Centers in Bethesda, Maryland, and on campuses throughout the country. Within our academic environment, your job would be to conduct research and to play a major role in training and mentoring the next generation of biomedical scientists, with resources provided by the IRP subject to review by external boards of scientific counselors.
The following is a list of current opportunities for faculty-level positions. Note that some positions might be under review but still accepting applications.
- Tenure-Track Investigator (biomedical computational), NLM (review began August 14)
- Stadtman Tenure-Track Investigators, NIH-wide (closes September 29)
- Assistant Clinical Investivator, NCI-CCR (closes September 30)
- Supervisory Veterinary Medical Officer, NIAID (closes October 5)
- Tenure-Track/Tenure-Eligible Investigator (HIV AIDS), NCI-CCR (review begins October 15)
- Tenure-Track Investigators (pulmonary, vascular, immunology), CC (closed October 31)
- Tenure-Track/Tenure-Eligible Investigators (RNA biology), NCI-CCR (review begins November 1)
- Tenure-Track Position (biochemistry and molecular biology) NCI-CCR (review begins November 1)
- Senior Clinicians, NCI-CCR (review begins November 1)
- Assistant Clinical Investigators, NIAID (closes November 30)
Branch Chief Positions
- Chief, Biostatistics and Computational Biology Branch, NIEHS (review begins November 12)
- Clinical Director/Senior Clinician, NCCIH (closes October 19)
Learn more about the IRP.