There are several routes to training experiences within the intramural community—whether you are seeking to identify the best research fit for your education and background, locate an open position, or plan your career in science and medicine.
Begin your search with the IRP's two leading educational offices:
- Office of Intramural Training and Education (for all research training)
- Postdoctoral and visiting fellows
- Graduate student programs, through formal programs, international exchanges, and for individual students wanting an NIH research experience
- Postbaccalaureate fellows
- Summer students, from high school through graduate school
- Office of Clinical Research Training and Medical Education (for physicians and medical students)
- Graduate Medical Education programs, including residency and subspecialty fellowship training programs
- Medical student training program
- Medical student electives
View open NIH post-doctoral positions.