Stadtman Tenure-Track Investigators
Prior to 2009, the NIH conducted individual, programmatic searches to recruit new investigators. Taking a new approach, the Stadtman Tenure-Track Investigators search seeks to identify talent through a broad search that can focus on specific areas of science or enable the candidates to bring their ideas to us. In short, we ask the applicants to describe their research, and—if we like what we see—we try to create a tenure-track position in one of our Institutes or Centers to match that talent. Each year, we aim to hire upwards of 10 researchers through this prestigious program.
Meet some of the inaugural Stadtman recruits.
- Science, the Stadtman Way
- Meet the 2010–2011 Stadtmans
- Meet the 2011–2012 Stadtmans
- Meet the 2012–2013 Stadtmans
- Meet the 2013-2014 Stadtmans
- Meet the 2014-2015 Stadtmans
- Meet the 2015-2016 Stadtmans
- Meet the 2016-2017 Stadtmans
- The Stadtman Way: A Tale of Two Biochemists at NIH — NIH History Office Exhibit on Earl and Thressa Stadtman