Dr. Lu's research group is developing computational methods and software tools for text mining research (analyzing and making sense of natural language data in biomedical literature and clincial text). Some of his recent research has been successfully integrated into and widely used in PubMed and other NCBI databases.
His current focus areas include:
- Biomedical literaure analysis and retrieval (BioNLP)
- Computer-assisted biomedical data curation (Biocuration)
- Web access to comsumer health information (Health Informatics)
- Computational drug repositioning (Translational Bioinformatics)
Dr. Lu is a Stadtman investigator at the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI), where he joined after earning a Ph.D. in Bioinformatics at the University of Colorado School of Medicine.
- Fiorini N, Canese K, Starchenko G, Kireev E, Kim W, Miller V, Osipov M, Kholodov M, Ismagilov R, Mohan S, Ostell J, Lu Z. Best Match: New relevance search for PubMed. PLoS Biol. 2018;16(8):e2005343.
- Chen Q, Allot A, Lu Z. Keep up with the latest coronavirus research. Nature. 2020;579(7798):193.
- Peng Y, Dharssi S, Chen Q, Keenan TD, Agrón E, Wong WT, Chew EY, Lu Z. DeepSeeNet: A Deep Learning Model for Automated Classification of Patient-based Age-related Macular Degeneration Severity from Color Fundus Photographs. Ophthalmology. 2019;126(4):565-575.
- Fiorini N, Leaman R, Lipman DJ, Lu Z. How user intelligence is improving PubMed. Nat Biotechnol. 2018.
- Wei CH, Kao HY, Lu Z. PubTator: a web-based text mining tool for assisting biocuration. Nucleic Acids Res. 2013;41(Web Server issue):W518-22.
Related Scientific Focus Areas
This page was last updated on Monday, August 31, 2020