Dr. Antani is a versatile senior researcher with expertise in machine learning and artificial intelligence (ML/AI), biomedical image informatics, image processing and computer vision, and information retrieval. His research studies the use of Ml/AI as a part of his interest in advancing computational sciences and engineering in biomedical research, education, and clinical care. In addition to advancing AI techniques for decision making and analysis of large biomedical data, his research extends to applying lessons learned on important health problems through trans-NIH collaborations, e.g., NCI (cervical cancer), NIAID (HIV/TB in adults and children, and drug resistant variants), among others. Dr. Antani is a senior member of the International Society of Photonics and Optics (SPIE), the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE). He serves as the vice chair for computational medicine on the IEEE Computer Society's Technical Committee on Computational Life Sciences (TCCLS) and the IEEE Life Sciences Technical Community (LSTC).
- Zamzmi G, Rajaraman S, Hsu LY, Sachdev V, Antani S. Real-time echocardiography image analysis and quantification of cardiac indices. Med Image Anal. 2022;80:102438.
- Rajaraman S, Zamzmi G, Yang F, Xue Z, Jaeger S, Antani SK. Uncertainty Quantification in Segmenting Tuberculosis-Consistent Findings in Frontal Chest X-rays. Biomedicines. 2022;10(6).
- Rajaraman S, Ganesan P, Antani S. Deep learning model calibration for improving performance in class-imbalanced medical image classification tasks. PLoS One. 2022;17(1):e0262838.
- Guo P, Xue Z, Jeronimo J, Gage JC, Desai KT, Befano B, García F, Long LR, Schiffman M, Antani S. Network Visualization and Pyramidal Feature Comparison for Ablative Treatability Classification Using Digitized Cervix Images. J Clin Med. 2021;10(5).
- Xue Z, Novetsky AP, Einstein MH, Marcus JZ, Befano B, Guo P, Demarco M, Wentzensen N, Long LR, Schiffman M, Antani S. A demonstration of automated visual evaluation of cervical images taken with a smartphone camera. Int J Cancer. 2020;147(9):2416-2423.
Related Scientific Focus Areas
Biomedical Engineering and Biophysics
This page was last updated on Thursday, November 10, 2022