The vision of the Molecular Imaging Branch is to accelerate the development of new treatments for cancer using advanced imaging methods. Dr. Choyke's research interests include the translation of molecular imaging methods, such as MRI, optical and radionuclide/PET into the clinic. His research includes novel methods of detecting ovarian cancer, prostate cancer, angiogenesis, lymphangiogenesis, cancer cell receptor imaging and treatment, cell tracking, and exploration of unique animal models of cancer.
Dr. Choyke obtained his M.D. from Jefferson Medical College and completed his residency in diagnostic radiology at Yale-New Haven Hospital. Following an imaging fellowship at the University of Pennsylvania, he joined the faculty of Georgetown University and soon thereafter the Diagnostic Radiology Department, Clinical Center, NIH. Since 2004, he has directed the Molecular Imaging Branch within the Center for Cancer Research, NCI
- Barentsz JO, Weinreb JC, Verma S, Thoeny HC, Tempany CM, Shtern F, Padhani AR, Margolis D, Macura KJ, Haider MA, Cornud F, Choyke PL. Synopsis of the PI-RADS v2 Guidelines for Multiparametric Prostate Magnetic Resonance Imaging and Recommendations for Use. Eur Urol. 2016;69(1):41-9.
- Kobayashi H, Choyke PL. Super enhanced permeability and retention (SUPR) effects in tumors following near infrared photoimmunotherapy. Nanoscale. 2016;8(25):12504-9.
- Siddiqui MM, Truong H, Rais-Bahrami S, Stamatakis L, Logan J, Walton-Diaz A, Turkbey B, Choyke PL, Wood BJ, Simon RM, Pinto PA. Clinical implications of a multiparametric magnetic resonance imaging based nomogram applied to prostate cancer active surveillance. J Urol. 2015;193(6):1943-1949.
- Watanabe R, Hanaoka H, Sato K, Nagaya T, Harada T, Mitsunaga M, Kim I, Paik CH, Wu AM, Choyke PL, Kobayashi H. Photoimmunotherapy targeting prostate-specific membrane antigen: are antibody fragments as effective as antibodies? J Nucl Med. 2015;56(1):140-4.
- Siddiqui MM, Rais-Bahrami S, Turkbey B, George AK, Rothwax J, Shakir N, Okoro C, Raskolnikov D, Parnes HL, Linehan WM, Merino MJ, Simon RM, Choyke PL, Wood BJ, Pinto PA. Comparison of MR/ultrasound fusion-guided biopsy with ultrasound-guided biopsy for the diagnosis of prostate cancer. JAMA. 2015;313(4):390-7.
Related Scientific Focus Areas
Biomedical Engineering and Biophysics
Genetics and Genomics
This page was last updated on Thursday, July 7, 2022