Lothar George Hennighausen, Ph.D.
Genetics and Physiology Section, Laboratory of Cell and Molecular Biology
Building NIHBC 08, Room 101
8 Center Dr
Bethesda, MD 20892
+1 301 328 6183
Our ultimate goal is to unlock the genetic logic that controls the mammary genome and leads to a functional mammary gland during pregnancy.
- Technical University, Munich, Germany, Hans-Fischer Senior Fellow (2020 – present)
- FASEB Conference on Prolactin, Keynote Speaker (2019)
- Sookmyung University, Seoul, South Korea, Brain Korea 21+, Visiting Professor (2018-present)
- Student invited Seminar Speaker Series, Case Western Reserve University, (2018)
- Mammary Gland Biology Gordon Conference, Keynote Speaker (2016)
- Chonnam National University Medical School, Hwasun, South Korea, Visiting Professor (2016-present)
- Annual Meeting, Cytokine Society, San Francisco, Plenary Speaker (2013)
- Distinguished Lecture Series, Lady Davis Institute, McGill, Montreal, Speaker (2012)
- Graduate Research Symposium, Memorial University, St. John’s, Canada, Keynote Speaker (2011)
- Endocrine Society, Annual meeting, San Diego, Plenary Speaker (2010)
- Korean Society for Molecular and Cellular Biology, Annual Meeting, Plenary Speaker, Seoul, Republic of Korea (2009)
- Member and Chair (2009-2014), Scientific Advisory Board, Georg-Speyer Haus, Frankfurt, Germany (2009-present)
- Chonnam National University, Gwangju, Visiting Professor (2008-2011)
- Korean Society of Science and Engineering, Distinguished World Class Scholar (2008)
- Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft, Mercator Professorship (2007)
- Keystone Symposia, Whistler, Canada Plenary Speaker (2004)
- Alexander von Humboldt Foundation, Humboldt Fellow (1992)
- Selected, National Press Club, Mammary Gland Bioreactor, Washington D.C. (1987)
- Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft, Post-Doctoral Fellowship (1983)
- EMBO, Short-term Research Fellowship at Edinburgh University (1980)
- Studienstiftung des Deutschen Volkes, Graduate Student Fellowship (1978)
- Ph.D., University of Cologne, 1982
- M.S., University of Cologne, 1979
- B.S., Philipp University of Marburg, 1977
Lee HK, Knabl L, Pipperger L, Volland A, Furth PA, Kang K, Smith HE, Knabl L Sr, Bellmann R, Bernhard C, Kaiser N, Gänzer H, Ströhle M, Walser A, von Laer D, Hennighausen L. Immune transcriptomes of highly exposed SARS-CoV-2 asymptomatic seropositive versus seronegative individuals from the Ischgl community. Sci Rep. 2021;11(1):4243.
Lee HK, Jung O, Hennighausen L. JAK inhibitors dampen activation of interferon-stimulated transcription of ACE2 isoforms in human airway epithelial cells. Commun Biol. 2021;4(1):654.
Lee HK, Willi M, Miller SM, Kim S, Liu C, Liu DR, Hennighausen L. Targeting fidelity of adenine and cytosine base editors in mouse embryos. Nat Commun. 2018;9(1):4804.
Shin HY, Wang C, Lee HK, Yoo KH, Zeng X, Kuhns T, Yang CM, Mohr T, Liu C, Hennighausen L. CRISPR/Cas9 targeting events cause complex deletions and insertions at 17 sites in the mouse genome. Nat Commun. 2017;8:15464.
Shin HY, Willi M, HyunYoo K, Zeng X, Wang C, Metser G, Hennighausen L. Hierarchy within the mammary STAT5-driven Wap super-enhancer. Nat Genet. 2016;48(8):904-911.
Related Scientific Focus Areas
Genetics and Genomics
This page was last updated on December 1st, 2021