Dr. Turkbey obtained his medical degree from Hacettepe University in Ankara, Turkey in 2003. He completed his residency in Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology at Hacettepe University. He joined Molecular Imaging Branch (MIB), National Cancer Institute, NIH in 2007. His main research areas are imaging of prostate cancer (multiparametric MRI, PET CT), image guided biopsy and treatment techniques (focal therapy, surgery and radiation therapy) for prostate cancer and artificial intelligence. Dr. Turkbey is a member of Prostate Imaging Reporting & Data System (PI-RADS) Steering Committee. He is the Head of the Magnetic Resonance Imaging section in MIB and the Artificial Intelligence Resource in MIB.
- Sanford T, Harmon SA, Turkbey EB, Kesani D, Tuncer S, Madariaga M, Yang C, Sackett J, Mehralivand S, Yan P, Xu S, Wood BJ, Merino MJ, Pinto PA, Choyke PL, Turkbey B. Deep-Learning-Based Artificial Intelligence for PI-RADS Classification to Assist Multiparametric Prostate MRI Interpretation: A Development Study. J Magn Reson Imaging. 2020;52(5):1499-1507.
- Ahdoot M, Wilbur AR, Reese SE, Lebastchi AH, Mehralivand S, Gomella PT, Bloom J, Gurram S, Siddiqui M, Pinsky P, Parnes H, Linehan WM, Merino M, Choyke PL, Shih JH, Turkbey B, Wood BJ, Pinto PA. MRI-Targeted, Systematic, and Combined Biopsy for Prostate Cancer Diagnosis. N Engl J Med. 2020;382(10):917-928.
- Varble N, Blain M, Kassin M, Xu S, Turkbey EB, Amalou A, Long D, Harmon S, Sanford T, Yang D, Xu Z, Xu D, Flores M, An P, Carrafiello G, Obinata H, Mori H, Tamura K, Malayeri AA, Holland SM, Palmore T, Sun K, Turkbey B, Wood BJ. CT and clinical assessment in asymptomatic and pre-symptomatic patients with early SARS-CoV-2 in outbreak settings. Eur Radiol. 2020.
- Harmon SA, Sanford TH, Xu S, Turkbey EB, Roth H, Xu Z, Yang D, Myronenko A, Anderson V, Amalou A, Blain M, Kassin M, Long D, Varble N, Walker SM, Bagci U, Ierardi AM, Stellato E, Plensich GG, Franceschelli G, Girlando C, Irmici G, Labella D, Hammoud D, Malayeri A, Jones E, Summers RM, Choyke PL, Xu D, Flores M, Tamura K, Obinata H, Mori H, Patella F, Cariati M, Carrafiello G, An P, Wood BJ, Turkbey B. Artificial intelligence for the detection of COVID-19 pneumonia on chest CT using multinational datasets. Nat Commun. 2020;11(1):4080.
- Sanford TH, Zhang L, Harmon SA, Sackett J, Yang D, Roth H, Xu Z, Kesani D, Mehralivand S, Baroni RH, Barrett T, Girometti R, Oto A, Purysko AS, Xu S, Pinto PA, Xu D, Wood BJ, Choyke PL, Turkbey B. Data Augmentation and Transfer Learning to Improve Generalizability of an Automated Prostate Segmentation Model. AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2020;215(6):1403-1410.
Related Scientific Focus Areas
Biomedical Engineering and Biophysics
This page was last updated on Tuesday, October 17, 2023