Da-Ting Lin, Ph.D.
Behavioral Neuroscience Research Branch, Neural Engineering Unit
The research focus in the laboratory is to develop and apply in vivo optical imaging methods as well as computational method for data analysis, to disseminate neuronal circuit dysfunction leading to the development of long term drug addiction and relapse. Currently, the primary focus of the group is to develop the miniScope imaging system allowing simultaneous recording of activity of hundreds of neurons in deep brain regions of freely moving animals. In the long term, in vivo deep brain imaging and closed-loop feedback control of neuronal circuit activity, as well as closed-loop patterned optical of neuronal activity will be explored.
- Zhang W, Zhang L, Liang B, Schroeder D, Zhang ZW, Cox GA, Li Y, Lin DT. Hyperactive somatostatin interneurons contribute to excitotoxicity in neurodegenerative disorders. Nat Neurosci. 2016;19(4):557-559.
- Barbera G, Liang B, Zhang L, Gerfen CR, Culurciello E, Chen R, Li Y, Lin DT. Spatially Compact Neural Clusters in the Dorsal Striatum Encode Locomotion Relevant Information. Neuron. 2016;92(1):202-213.
- Liang B, Zhang L, Barbera G, Fang W, Zhang J, Chen X, Chen R, Li Y, Lin DT. Distinct and Dynamic ON and OFF Neural Ensembles in the Prefrontal Cortex Code Social Exploration. Neuron. 2018;100(3):700-714.e9.
- Zhang Y, Denman AJ, Liang B, Werner CT, Beacher NJ, Chen R, Li Y, Shaham Y, Barbera G, Lin DT. Detailed mapping of behavior reveals the formation of prelimbic neural ensembles across operant learning. Neuron. 2022;110(4):674-685.e6.
- Liang B, Zhang L, Zhang Y, Werner CT, Beacher NJ, Denman AJ, Li Y, Chen R, Gerfen CR, Barbera G, Lin DT. Striatal direct pathway neurons play leading roles in accelerating rotarod motor skill learning. iScience. 2022;25(5):104245.
Related Scientific Focus Areas
Biomedical Engineering and Biophysics
This page was last updated on Friday, July 15, 2022