Faculty-Level Scientific Careers
Each year we recruit for more than 30 tenured and tenure-track positions. Our scientists lead independent research laboratories within our Institutes and Centers in Bethesda, Maryland, and on campuses throughout the country. Within our academic environment, your job would be to conduct research and to play a major role in training and mentoring the next generation of biomedical scientists, with resources provided by the IRP subject to review by external boards of scientific counselors.
The following is a list of current opportunities for faculty-level positions. Note that some positions might be under review but still accepting applications.
- Tenure-Track/Tenure-Eligible Position (molecular biology), NIDDK (review began September 1)
- Tenure-Track and Assistant Clinical Investigators, NINDS (review began October 10)
- Tenure-Track or Tenure-Eligible Investigators, NICHD (review began October 17)
- Tenure-Track Investigator (immunology), NIDCR (review began October 23)
- Tenure-Track Investigator (biology), NIDCR (review began October 23)
- Tenure-Track or Tenure-Eligible Position (biology and genetics), NCI (closes October 30)
- Chief of Emerging Infections and Life-Threatening Pathogens, CC (closes October 31)
- Tenure-Track/Tenure Eligible Position (cryo-electron microscopy), NHLBI (review begins November 14)
- Assistant Clinical Investigators, NIAID (closes November 30)
- Tenure-Track Investigator (genetics), NIA (closes November 30)
- Tenure-Track Investigator (chromosome/chromatin biology), NCI-CCR (review begins December 5)
Branch Chief Positions
- Chief, Cancer Data Science Laboratory, NCI-CCR (closes December 9)
- Chief and Senior Investigator, Biostatistics and Bioinformatics Branch, NICHD (review begins January 13)
- Chief Executive Officer, CC (review began September 13)
Learn more about the IRP.