Faculty-Level Scientific Careers
Each year we recruit for more than 30 tenured and tenure-track positions. Our scientists lead independent research laboratories within our Institutes and Centers in Bethesda, Maryland, and on campuses throughout the country. Within our academic environment, your job would be to conduct research and to play a major role in training and mentoring the next generation of biomedical scientists, with resources provided by the IRP subject to review by external boards of scientific counselors.
The following is a list of current opportunities for faculty-level positions. Note that some positions might be under review but still accepting applications.
- Tenure-Track/Tenure-Eligible Investigator, NIAID (review began October 15)
- Tenure-Track/Tenure-Eligible Position, Informatics (BTRIS), CC (review began October 30)
- Tenure-Track Investigator (structural biophysics) NCI-CCR (review began November 2)
- Tenure-Track Investigator (immunology), NCI-CCR (review began November 15)
- Senior Scientist (immunology), NCI-CCR (review began November 15)
- Tenure-Track Investigators (2 positions), NIA (review began November 17)
- Tenure-Track/Tenure-Eligible Investigator, NIDA (review begins December 28)
- Assistant Clinical Investigators, NIAID (closes December 30)
- Tenure-Track Investigators (epidemiology), NIEHS (review begins January 15)
- Tenure-Track Investigator, VRC-NIAID (closes January 22)
Branch Chief Positions
Chief, Biostatistics Branch, NCI-DCEG (review began October 1)
Learn more about the IRP.