Faculty-Level Scientific Careers
Each year we recruit for more than 30 tenured and tenure-track positions. Our scientists lead independent research laboratories within our Institutes and Centers in Bethesda, Maryland, and on campuses throughout the country. Within our academic environment, your job would be to conduct research and to play a major role in training and mentoring the next generation of biomedical scientists, with resources provided by the IRP subject to review by external boards of scientific counselors.
The following is a list of current opportunities for faculty-level positions. Note that some positions might be under review but still accepting applications.
COVID vaccine guidance is posted at Safer Federal Workforce.
- Tenure-Track Investigator, DiPHR-NICHD (review began April 15)
- Tenure-Track Investigator (clinical), NIA (review began May 21)
- Tenure-Track Investigator, DiPHR-NICHD (review began May 30)
- Independent Scholars / Principal Investigators, CARD NIA (open till filled)
Branch/Lab Chief Positions
- Program Director and Senor Investigator, DCEG-NCI (review began May 31)
- Chief, Radiation Epidemiology Branch, DCEG-NCI (review begins August 5)
- Chief, Epidemiology Branch, DiPHR-NICHD (review begins September 1)
- Scientific Director, NICHD (review began August 2)
- Scientific Director, NINR (review began August 3)
- Scientific Director, NLM (review began September 15)
- Scientific Director, NINDS (review began December 13)
- Scientific Director, NEI (review began January 10)
- Scientific Director, NHLBI (review began March 12)
- Clinical Director, NIDCD (review began May 23)
- Director, Vaccine Research Center, NIAID (review begins July 21)
- Scientific Director, NIAAA (review begins July 23)
- Clinical Director, NICHD (review begins August 1)
Learn more about the IRP.