Faculty-Level Scientific Careers
Each year we recruit for more than 30 tenured and tenure-track positions. Our scientists lead independent research laboratories within our Institutes and Centers in Bethesda, Maryland, and on campuses throughout the country. Within our academic environment, your job would be to conduct research and to play a major role in training and mentoring the next generation of biomedical scientists, with resources provided by the IRP subject to review by external boards of scientific counselors.
The following is a list of current opportunities for faculty-level positions. Note that some positions might be under review but still accepting applications.
- Tenure-Track Investigator (biomedical computational), NLM (review begins August 14)
- Lasker Clinical Research Scholars Program, NIH-wide (closes August 25)
- Stadtman Tenure-Track Investigators, NIH-wide (closes September 29)
- Assistant Clinical Investivator, NCI CCR (closes September 30)
Branch Chief Positions
- Chief, Biostatistics and Computational Biology Branch, NIEHS (review begins November 12)
- no positions open
Learn more about the IRP.