Faculty-Level Scientific Careers
Each year we recruit for more than 30 tenured and tenure-track positions. Our scientists lead independent research laboratories within our Institutes and Centers in Bethesda, Maryland, and on campuses throughout the country. Within our academic environment, your job would be to conduct research and to play a major role in training and mentoring the next generation of biomedical scientists, with resources provided by the IRP subject to review by external boards of scientific counselors.
The following is a list of current opportunities for faculty-level positions. Note that some positions might be under review but still accepting applications.
- Tenure-Track Investigator (immunology), NIDCR (review began October 23)
- Tenure-Track Investigator (biology), NIDCR (review began October 23)
- Tenure-Track/Tenure Eligible Position (cryo-electron microscopy), NHLBI (review began November 14)
- Tenure-Track Investigator (chromosome/chromatin biology), NCI-CCR (review began December 5)
- Assistant Clinical Investigators, NIAID (closes December 30)
- Director, Cryo-Electron Microscopy Facility, NIDDK (closes December 30)
- Chief Data Scientist, NCI-DCEG (review begins January 13)
Branch Chief Positions
- Chief, Cancer Data Science Laboratory, NCI-CCR (open until filled)
- Chief and Senior Investigator, Biostatistics and Bioinformatics Branch, NICHD (review begins January 13)
- Associate Director / Scientific Director, Nat'l Toxicology Program, NIEHS (closes January 31)
- Deputy Director for Scientific Resources, NCI-DCEG (open until filled)
Learn more about the IRP.