Faculty-Level Scientific Careers
Each year we recruit for more than 30 tenured and tenure-track positions. Our scientists lead independent research laboratories within our Institutes and Centers in Bethesda, Maryland, and on campuses throughout the country. Within our academic environment, your job would be to conduct research and to play a major role in training and mentoring the next generation of biomedical scientists, with resources provided by the IRP subject to review by external boards of scientific counselors.
The following is a list of current opportunities for faculty-level positions. Note that some positions might be under review but still accepting applications.
- Tenure-Track Investigator (thoracic and GI oncology), NCI-CCR (review began December 1)
- Senior Clinician (hemotology consult), NHLBI (review began December 10)
- Multiple Tenure-Track Positions (basic and clinical), NHGRI (review began December 21)
- Tenure-Track/Tenure-Eligible Investigator (viral), NIAID (review began January 1)
- Tenure-Track Investigator (epidemiology), NIA (review began January 2)
- Senior Scientist (HIV), NCI-CCR (deadline February 1)
- Tenure-Track Investigator (clinical neuroscience), NIMH (review begins February 5)
Branch Chief Positions
- Senior Scientist, Information Engineering Branch, NLM-NCBI (deadline February 14)
- Chief of Structural Biology, NCI-CCR (review begins March 18)
- Scientific Director, NLM (deadline March 18)
Learn more about the IRP.