Faculty-Level Scientific Careers
Each year we recruit for more than 30 tenured and tenure-track positions. Our scientists lead independent research laboratories within our Institutes and Centers in Bethesda, Maryland, and on campuses throughout the country. Within our academic environment, your job would be to conduct research and to play a major role in training and mentoring the next generation of biomedical scientists, with resources provided by the IRP subject to review by external boards of scientific counselors.
The following is a list of current opportunities for faculty-level positions. Note that some positions might be under review but still accepting applications.
- Tenure-Track Investigator (clinical neuroscience), NIMH (review began February 5)
- Tenure-Track Investigator (neuroplasticity), NINDS (review begins March 15)
- Assistant Clinical Investigator (neurosurgeon), NINDS (deadline March 31)
- Tenure-Track Investigators (neurosurgeons, neuro-oncologists), NINDS (review begins April 1)
- Biology Group Leader (trans-NIH RNAi Facility), NCATS (deadline April 24)
- Tenure-Track/Tenure-Eligible Investigator (arthropod-borne pathogens), NIAID (review begins April 25)
Branch Chief Positions
- Chief of Structural Biology, NCI-CCR (review begins March 18)
- Director, Early Translation Branch, NCATS (deadline April 10)
- Scientific Director, NLM (deadline March 18)
Learn more about the IRP.