Faculty-Level Scientific Careers
Each year we recruit for more than 30 tenured and tenure-track positions. Our scientists lead independent research laboratories within our Institutes and Centers in Bethesda, Maryland, and on campuses throughout the country. Within our academic environment, your job would be to conduct research and to play a major role in training and mentoring the next generation of biomedical scientists, with resources provided by the IRP subject to review by external boards of scientific counselors.
The following is a list of current opportunities for faculty-level positions. Note that some positions might be under review but still accepting applications.
- Physician/Senior Investigator (clinical neuroscience), NIMH (review began September 1)
- Tenure-Track/Tenure-Eligible Investigator (chemistry or chemical biology), NIDDK (review began September 1)
- Senior Scientist (respiratory syncytial virus), NIAID (review began September 7)
- Tenure-Track Investigators (genomics), NHGRI (review began October 1)
- Tenure-Track/Tenure-Eligible Investigator, NIAID (review begins November 3)
- Senior Scientist - Group Head (toxicology), NIEHS (deadline November 6)
- Senior Scientist - Lab Head (toxicology), NIEHS (deadline November 6)
- Tenure-Track Investigator (radiation oncology), NCI-CCR (review begins November 6)
- Assistant Clinical Investigators, NIAID (deadline November 30)
- Tenure-Track Investigator (chronic graft-versus-host disease), NIDCR (review begins December 3)
Branch Chief Positions
- Senior Investigator and Branch Chief (population science), NHLBI (review began September 15)
- Senior Investigator and Laboratory Chief (microbiome), NIAID (review begins October 17)
- Chief, Laboratory of Allergic Diseases, NIAID (deadline November 13)
- Clinical Director / Supervisory Physician, NCCIH (deadline October 16)
- Chief Medical Officer / Clinical Director, Clinical Center (deadline November 8)
Learn more about the IRP.