Faculty-Level Scientific Careers
Each year we recruit for more than 30 tenured and tenure-track positions. Our scientists lead independent research laboratories within our Institutes and Centers in Bethesda, Maryland, and on campuses throughout the country. Within our academic environment, your job would be to conduct research and to play a major role in training and mentoring the next generation of biomedical scientists, with resources provided by the IRP subject to review by external boards of scientific counselors.
The following is a list of current opportunities for faculty-level positions. Note that some positions might be under review but still accepting applications.
- Tenure-Track Investigator (malignancy risk), NCI-DCEG (review began December 31)
- Tenure-Track Investigators, NIA (review began December 31)
- Tenure-Track Investitator (cancer genomics), NCI-CCR (review began February 11)
- Tenure-Track/Tenure-Eligible Investigator (biostatistics), NCI-DCEG (review begins February 29)
- Tenure-Track or Tenure-Eligible Investigator, NIDA (review begins March 30)
- Tenure-Track or Tenure-Eligible Investigator (Borrelia burgdorferi), NIAID (review begins March 31)
- Tenure-Track Investigator (neurogenetics), NINDS (review begins April 1)
Branch Chief Positions
- Director, Early Translation Branch, NCATS (deadline March 11)
- Scientific Director, NIDA (deadline March 6)
Learn more about the IRP.