Faculty-Level Scientific Careers
Each year we recruit for more than 30 tenured and tenure-track positions. Our scientists lead independent research laboratories within our Institutes and Centers in Bethesda, Maryland, and on campuses throughout the country. Within our academic environment, your job would be to conduct research and to play a major role in training and mentoring the next generation of biomedical scientists, with resources provided by the IRP subject to review by external boards of scientific counselors.
The following is a list of current opportunities for faculty-level positions. Note that some positions might be under review but still accepting applications.
- Tenure-Track/Tenure Eligible Investigator (computational neuroscientist), NIMH (review began August 1)
- Tenure-Track/Tenure-Eligible Investigator (human viral pathogens), NIAID (review began August 20)
- Tenure-Track Investigator (clinical epidemiology), Clinical Center (deadline September 30)
- Tenure-Track 'Stadtman Investigators', NIH-wide (deadline September 30)
- Tenure-Track Investigator (neuroscience. metabolic), NIDDK (review begins October 1)
- Senior Investigator (RNA biology), NCI-CCR (review begins October 22)
- Tenure-Track/Tenure-Eligible Investigator (epidemiology), NCI-DCEG (review begins November 1)
- Tenure-Track Investigator (rehabilitation medicine), CC (review begins November 16)
- Assistant Clinical Investigator (pediatric metabolic diseases), NIDDK (deadline November 25)
- Assistant Clinical Investigator, NIAID (deadline November 30)
Branch/Lab Chief Positions
- Chief, Laboratory of Cancer Immunometabolism, NCI-CCR (review began September 22)
- Scientific Director, NICHD (review began June 6)
- Scientific Director, NIDCD (review began July 22)
- Scientific Director, NIDA (open until filled)
Learn more about the IRP.