Faculty-Level Scientific Careers
Each year we recruit for more than 30 tenured and tenure-track positions. Our scientists lead independent research laboratories within our Institutes and Centers in Bethesda, Maryland, and on campuses throughout the country. Within our academic environment, your job would be to conduct research and to play a major role in training and mentoring the next generation of biomedical scientists, with resources provided by the IRP subject to review by external boards of scientific counselors.
The following is a list of current opportunities for faculty-level positions. Note that some positions might be under review but still accepting applications.
- Tenure-Track Investigator (endocrine neoplasms), NCI-CCR (review began December 1)
- Tenure-Track Investigator (sensorimotor), NEI (review begins March 5)
- Tenure-Track Clinical Investigator, NIDA (review begins April 15)
Branch Chief Positions
- no branch chief positions available
- Director, Office of Human Subjects Research Protection (review began January 21)
- Scientific Director, NIDCR (review begins March 5)
Learn more about the IRP.