Faculty-Level Scientific Careers
Each year we recruit for more than 30 tenured and tenure-track positions. Our scientists lead independent research laboratories within our Institutes and Centers in Bethesda, Maryland, and on campuses throughout the country. Within our academic environment, your job would be to conduct research and to play a major role in training and mentoring the next generation of biomedical scientists, with resources provided by the IRP subject to review by external boards of scientific counselors.
The following is a list of current opportunities for faculty-level positions. Note that some positions might be under review but still accepting applications.
- Tenure-Track / Tenure-Eligible Investigator (parasitic infections), NIAID (review began September 10)
- Tenure-Track / Tenure-Eligible Investigator (human virology), NIAID (review began September 20)
- Tenure-Track Investigators (computational), NLM (review began October 1)
- Tenure-Eligible Senior Investigator (computational), NLM (review began October 1)
- Tenure-Track/Tenure-Eligible Investigators (RNA biology), NCI-CCR (review began October 1)
- Tenure Track/Tenure-Eligible Investigator, NHLBI (deadline November 9)
- Assistant Clinical Investigators, NIAID (deadline November 30)
- Tenure-Track Investigator (thoracic and GI oncology), NCI-CCR (review begins December 1)
- Senior Clinician (hemotology consult), NHLBI (review begins December 10)
- Multiple Tenure-Track Positions (basic and clinical), NHGRI (review begins December 21)
- Tenure-Track/Tenure-Eligible Investigator (viral), NIAID (review begins January 1)
- Tenure Track Investigator (epidemiology), NIA (review begins January 2)
Branch Chief Positions
- Chief, Laboratory of Epidemiology and Population Sciences, NIA (review began October 15)
- Chief, Biostatistics and Bioinformatics Branch, NICHD (review begins November 1)
- Supervisory Physician, Stroke Branch, NINDS (deadline November 30)
- no openings at this level
Learn more about the IRP.