Faculty-Level Scientific Careers
Each year we recruit for more than 30 tenured and tenure-track positions. Our scientists lead independent research laboratories within our Institutes and Centers in Bethesda, Maryland, and on campuses throughout the country. Within our academic environment, your job would be to conduct research and to play a major role in training and mentoring the next generation of biomedical scientists, with resources provided by the IRP subject to review by external boards of scientific counselors.
The following is a list of current opportunities for faculty-level positions. Note that some positions might be under review but still accepting applications.
- Tenure-Track Investigator (neuro-oncology), NCI-CCR (review began July 1)
- Tenure-Track / Tenure-Eligible Investigator (antibiotic resistance ), NIAID (review begins August 27)
- Tenure-Track Investigator (neuroscience), NIEHS (review begins August 29)
- Tenure-Track / Tenure-Eligible Investigator (parasitic infections), NIAID (review begins September 10)
- Tenure-Track / Tenure-Eligible Investigator (human virology), NIAID (review begins September 20)
- Senior Investigator and Chief of Immunology Service, Clinical Center (deadline September 26)
- Assistant Clinical Investigators, NCI-CCR (deadline September 30)
- Tenure-Track “Earl Stadtman Investigators,” NIH-wide (deadline September 30)
- Tenure-Track/Tenure-Eligible Investigators (RNA Biology), NCI-CCR (review begins October 1)
Branch Chief Positions
- Medical Director and Senior Clinician, NCI-CCR (deadline Septmber 13)
- Chief, Laboratory of Epidemiology and Population Sciences, NIA (review begins October 15)
- Chief, Hospital Epidemiology Service, Clinical Center (deadline October 15)
- Chief, Biostatistics and Bioinformatics Branch, NICHD (review begins November 1)
- no openings at this level
Learn more about the IRP.