This is a moderated blog, and all comments will be reviewed before they are posted to ensure compliance with our comment policy. Therefore, comments may not show up immediately. Be advised that the IRP does not plan to respond to individual comments or questions on a routine basis.
To maintain a respectful dialogue, we’ve posted the guidelines of our comment policy below. In short:
- Stay focused. All viewpoints are welcome, but comments should remain relevant to the IRP and this blog.
- Be respectful. Personal attacks, profanity, and aggressive behavior are prohibited. Instigating arguments in a disrespectful way is also prohibited.
- Tell the truth. Spreading misleading or false information is prohibited.
- No spam. Repeated posting of identical or very similar content in a counter-productive manner is prohibited – this includes posts aggressively promoting services or products.
- No medical advice. Comments that seek specific diagnosis or request medical advice will not be posted.
- No commercial endorsements. Comments that promote a particular service, or product, and solicitation of any proposal or business will not be posted.
- Withhold unsubstantiated political views. Partisan political views that are either unfair or unsubstantiated will not be published.
We retain the discretion to determine which comments violate our comment policy. We also reserve the right to remove and/or not allow comments to get posted. The views expressed within posted comments do not necessarily reflect those of the IRP, the NIH, or the federal government.
The IRP reserves the right to modify this policy at any time.
Reporters are asked to send questions to the necessary media office through their normal channels and to refrain from submitting questions here as comments. Reporter questions will not be posted nor answered.
The Intramural Research Program (IRP) collects no personally identifiable information (PII) about you unless you choose to provide that information to us. Non-PII information related to your visit to our websites may be automatically collected and temporarily stored to help us make our sites more useful to visitors. The IRP does not share information you provide.
Linking Policy and Disclaimer of Endorsement
This material may include useful hypertext links or pointers to information created and maintained by other public and private organizations and persons. We provide these links and pointers solely for our users’ information and convenience. These references are not intended to reflect the opinion of the IRP, the NIH, the United States Government, or its officers or employees concerning the significance, priority or importance to be given the referenced entity, product, service or organization. Such references are not an official or personal endorsement of any product, person, or service, and may not be quoted or reproduced for the purpose of stating or implying IRP endorsement or approval of any product, person, or service.
- When you select a link to an outside website, you are leaving the IRP domain and are subject to the privacy and security policies of the owners/sponsors of the outside website.
- The IRP does not control nor guarantee the accuracy, relevance, timeliness or completeness of information contained on an externally linked website.
- The IRP and this blog do not endorse the organizations sponsoring linked websites, and we do not endorse the views they express or the products/services they offer.
- The IRP cannot authorize the use of copyrighted materials contained in linked websites. Users must request such authorization from the sponsor of the linked website. Those who provide comments are responsible for the copyright of the text they provide.
- The IRP is not responsible for transmissions users receive from linked websites.
- The IRP does not guarantee that outside websites comply with Section 508 (Accessibility Requirements) of the Rehabilitation Act.
For more information on IRP disclaimers, visit the IRP Web Site Disclaimers page.