Faculty-Level Scientific Careers
Each year we recruit for more than 30 tenured and tenure-track positions. Our scientists lead independent research laboratories within our Institutes and Centers in Bethesda, Maryland, and on campuses throughout the country. Within our academic environment, your job would be to conduct research and to play a major role in training and mentoring the next generation of biomedical scientists, with resources provided by the IRP subject to review by external boards of scientific counselors.
The following is a list of current opportunities for faculty-level positions. Note that some positions might be under review but still accepting applications.
- Tenure-Track/Tenure-Eligible Investigator, NIDA (review began December 28)
- Tenure-Track Investigators (epidemiology), NIEHS (review began January 15)
- Tenure-Track Investigator, NIDA (review begins February 8)
- Tenure-Track Investigator (neuromuscular), NINR (until position is filled)
Branch Chief Positions
Chief, Immunology Services, Clinical Center (closes February 11)
Chief, Laboratory of Pathology, NCI-CCR (close April 21)
- Director, National Toxicology Program Interagency Center for the Evaluation of Alternative Toxicological Methods, NIEHS (closes February 25)
Learn more about the IRP.