Faculty-Level Scientific Careers
Each year we recruit for more than 30 tenured and tenure-track positions. Our scientists lead independent research laboratories within our Institutes and Centers in Bethesda, Maryland, and on campuses throughout the country. Within our academic environment, your job would be to conduct research and to play a major role in training and mentoring the next generation of biomedical scientists, with resources provided by the IRP subject to review by external boards of scientific counselors.
The following is a list of current opportunities for faculty-level positions. Note that some positions might be under review but still accepting applications.
- Tenure-Track/Tenure-Eligible Investigator (neuro-oncology), NCI (review began April 25)
- Tenure-Track/Tenure-Eligible Investigator (prions), NIAID (review began May 16)
- Senior Clinician (Medical Officer), NIAID (closes June 24)
Branch Chief Positions
- Director, Chemical Genomics Section (closes June 30)
- Deputy Scientific Director, NIEHS (review begins June 17)
- Scientific Director for Basic Research, NCI-CCR (closes June 18)
- Scientific Director for Clinical Research, NCI-CCR (closes June 18)
- Scientific Director, NIMHD (review begins July 1)
Learn more about the IRP.