Faculty-Level Scientific Careers
Each year we recruit for more than 30 tenured and tenure-track positions. Our scientists lead independent research laboratories within our Institutes and Centers in Bethesda, Maryland, and on campuses throughout the country. Within our academic environment, your job would be to conduct research and to play a major role in training and mentoring the next generation of biomedical scientists, with resources provided by the IRP subject to review by external boards of scientific counselors.
The following is a list of current opportunities for faculty-level positions. Note that some positions might be under review but still accepting applications.
- Tenure-Track/Tenure-Eligible Investigator (malaria immunology or vaccinology), NIAID (review began August 8)
- Tenure-Track/Tenure-Eligible Investigator (prokaryotic biology), NCI-CCR (review began August 15)
- Tenure-Track Investigator (autoimmune and rheumatic diseases), NIAMS (review began August 22)
- Tenure-Track/Tenure-Eligible Position (molecular biology), NIDDK (review began September 1)
- Clinical Investigator Development Program (Assistant Clinical Investigators), NCI (closes September 30)
- Stadtman Tenure-Track Investigator Search, NIH-wide (closes September 30)
- Tenure-Track/Tenure Eligible Position (env't assessment), NCI-DCEG (closes September 30)
- Tenure-Track and Assistant Clinical Investigators, NINDS (review begins October 10)
- Tenure-Track or Tenure-Eligible Investigators, NICHD (review begins October 17)
- Tenure-Track Investigator (immunology), NIDCR (review begins October 23)
- Tenure-Track Investigator (biology), NIDCR (review begins October 23)
- Tenure-Track or Tenure-Eligible Position (biology and genetics), NCI (closes October 30)
- Chief of Emerging Infections and Life-Threatening Pathogens, CC (closes October 31)
- Tenure-Track/Tenure Eligible Position (cryo-electron microscopy), NHLBI (review begins November 14)
- Assistant Clinical Investigators, NIAID (closes November 30)
Branch Chief Positions
- no current openings
- Chief Executive Officer, CC (review began September 13)
Learn more about the IRP.