Faculty-Level Scientific Careers
Each year we recruit for more than 30 tenured and tenure-track positions. Our scientists lead independent research laboratories within our Institutes and Centers in Bethesda, Maryland, and on campuses throughout the country. Within our academic environment, your job would be to conduct research and to play a major role in training and mentoring the next generation of biomedical scientists, with resources provided by the IRP subject to review by external boards of scientific counselors.
The following is a list of current opportunities for faculty-level positions. Note that some positions might be under review but still accepting applications.
- Tenure-Track/Tenure-Eligible Investigator (prions), NIAID (review began May 16)
- Tenure-Track/Tenure-Eligible Investigator (malaria immunology or vaccinology), NIAID (review begins August 8)
- Tenure-Track/Tenure-Eligible Investigator (prokaryotic biology), NCI-CCR (review begins August 15)
- Tenure-Track Investigator (autoimmune and rheumatic diseases), NIAMS (review begins August 22)
- Tenure-Track/Tenure-Eligible Position (molecular biology), NIDDK (review begins September 1)
- Clinical Investigator Development Program (Assistant Clinical Investigators), NCI (closes September 20)
Branch Chief Positions
- Director, Chemical Genomics Section, NCATS (closes June 30)
- Director, Therapeutics Development Branch, NCATS (closes July 12)
- Chief, Pediatric Anesthesia and Critical Care, Clinical Center (closes July 31)
- Deputy Scientific Director, NIEHS (review began June 17)
- Scientific Director, NIMHD (review begins July 1)
Learn more about the IRP.