Faculty-Level Scientific Careers
Each year we recruit for more than 30 tenured and tenure-track positions. Our scientists lead independent research laboratories within our Institutes and Centers in Bethesda, Maryland, and on campuses throughout the country. Within our academic environment, your job would be to conduct research and to play a major role in training and mentoring the next generation of biomedical scientists, with resources provided by the IRP subject to review by external boards of scientific counselors.
The following is a list of current opportunities for faculty-level positions. Note that some positions might be under review but still accepting applications.
- Tenure-Eligible Senior Scientist (pharmacology), NIDA (review began April 6)
- Senior Scientist, Immunology Core Laboratory, VRC-NIAID (closes May 29)
- Senior Clinical Investigator, Laboratory of Allergic Diseases, NIAID (closes June 29)
- Tenure-Track/-Eligible Investigator (epidemiology and biostatistics), NCI-DCEG (review begins July 1)
- Tenure-Track/-Eligible Investigator (genetics), NCI-DCEG (review begins July 31)
- Lasker Clinical Research Scholars (multiple openings) (closes August 27)
- Assistant Clinical Investigators, NCI-CCR (closes September 30)
Branch Chief Positions
Chief, RNA Biology Laboratory, NCI-Frederick (review begins June 15)
Chief, Metabolic Epidemiology Branch, NCI-DCEG (review begins July 17)
no current openings
Learn more about the IRP.