Faculty-Level Scientific Careers
Each year we recruit for more than 30 tenured and tenure-track positions. Our scientists lead independent research laboratories within our Institutes and Centers in Bethesda, Maryland, and on campuses throughout the country. Within our academic environment, your job would be to conduct research and to play a major role in training and mentoring the next generation of biomedical scientists, with resources provided by the IRP subject to review by external boards of scientific counselors.
The following is a list of current opportunities for faculty-level positions. Note that some positions might be under review but still accepting applications.
- Tenure-Track/-Eligible Investigator (genetics), NCI-DCEG (review began July 31)
- Tenure-Track Investigator (dental-oral-craniofacial), NIDCR (review began August 3)
- Tenure-Track Investigator (HIV), NCI-CCR (review began August 3)
- Tenure-Track Investigator, MRI, NHLBI (review begins August 31)
- Senior Scientist, NINDS (closes September 9)
- Tenure-Track/Tenure-Eligible Investigator, NIDA (review begins September 14)
- Tenure-Track and Mid-Career Research Positions, NICHD (review begins September 15)
- Tenure-Eligible Clinical Senior Investigator, NIAID (closes September 16)
- Stadtman Tenure-Track Investigators, multiple openings (closes September 30)
- Assistant Clinical Investigators, NCI-CCR (closes September 30)
- Tenure-Track Investigator, Laboratory of Genome Integrity, NCI-CCR (review begins September 30)
- Tenure-Track Investigator (metabolism and endocrine neoplasia), NIDDK (review begins September 30)
- Tenure-Track/Tenure-Eligible Investigator, NIAID (review begins October 15)
- Tenure-Track/Tenure-Eligible Position, Informatics (BTRIS), CC (review begins October 30)
Branch Chief Positions
Chief, Metabolic Epidemiology Branch, NCI-DCEG (review began July 17)
Chief, Biostatistics Branch, NCI-DCEG (review begins October 1)
Director, Division of Intramural Research, NIAID (review began August 8)
Learn more about the IRP.