Faculty-Level Scientific Careers
Each year we recruit for more than 30 tenured and tenure-track positions. Our scientists lead independent research laboratories within our Institutes and Centers in Bethesda, Maryland, and on campuses throughout the country. Within our academic environment, your job would be to conduct research and to play a major role in training and mentoring the next generation of biomedical scientists, with resources provided by the IRP subject to review by external boards of scientific counselors.
The following is a list of current opportunities for faculty-level positions. Note that some positions might be under review but still accepting applications.
- Tenure-Track Investigator, MRI, NHLBI (review began August 31)
- Tenure-Track/Tenure-Eligible Investigator, NIDA (review began September 14)
- Tenure-Track and Mid-Career Research Positions, NICHD (review began September 15)
- Tenure-Track Investigator, Laboratory of Genome Integrity, NCI-CCR (review begins September 30)
- Tenure-Track Investigator (metabolism and endocrine neoplasia), NIDDK (review begins September 30)
- Tenure-Track/Tenure-Eligible Investigator, NIAID (review begins October 15)
- Tenure-Track/Tenure-Eligible Position, Informatics (BTRIS), CC (review begins October 30)
- Tenure-Track Investigator (structural biophysics) NCI-CCR (review begins November 2)
- Tenure-Track Investigator (immunology), NCI-CCR (review begins November 15)
- Senior Scientist (immunology), NCI-CCR (review begins November 15)
- Tenure-Track Investigators (2 positions), NIA (review begins November 17)
- Assistant Clinical Investigators, NIAID (closes November 30)
Branch Chief Positions
Chief, Biostatistics Branch, NCI-DCEG (review begins October 1)
Learn more about the IRP.